Last updated: November 2016
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES NOGGLE COLLECT?
“Personal Information” is information about a living individual who is identified or identifiable from that information. To access or download any of Noggle’s products, shared libraries and managed services, you must open an account via Noggle online. Personal Information is gathered during the registration process or when you access the managed services, including the Noggle Expert Network, and may differ based on the nature of the product or service.
The Personal Information collected may include:
- Name, email address, and location information for expert geolocation services (e.g. City and Country);
- User Name and password;
- billing information;
- information concerning shared libraries, accessed, and/or downloaded through Noggle Network services.
HOW DOES NOGGLE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Noggle understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and has implemented the following controls to protect your Personal Information:
- appropriate technical and organizational procedures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction;
- Use of secure connections using TTS/SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your client application to Noggle Network and vice-versa;
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing library and persoanl information;
- Use of encryption and/or obfuscation to protect special categories of Personal Information, such as user names, contact information;
- Restrict employee access to databases containing Personal Information; and
- Bind subcontractors with contractual, technical, and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information.
HOW DOES NOGGLE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FOR WHAT REASON?
Noggle uses your Personal Information to:
- Deliver Noggle libraries from your peers and offer managed library sharing services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues.
- For billing purposes – this may include verifying authorization of credit card usage before any purchase of premium services;
- Determine if you meet the minimum system requirements to use our products, and provide information concerning compatibility and interoperability to you;
Noggle stores and process Personal information inside the European Union “EU” (“Europe”). Where your Personal Information is to be shared with companies outside the EU, we implement safeguards with the recipients of your Personal Information to ensure appropriate levels of protection for all such information. This transfer may occur because it is necessary to enable the products or services requested by you to be provided or for other legitimate operational, management or other reasons.
WHEN AND HOW DOES NOGGLE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
In some cases, access to certain services, such as subscription products or products distributed by third parties may require the provision of Personal Information to a third party.
Noggle may disclose Personal Information to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for Noggle to better serve our customers. Noggle’s contractors are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all Personal Information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of Noggle.
We do NOT share Personal Information for third party advertising or market research.
Also, Noggle may disclose your Personal Information if required or permitted to do so by law, e.g. to comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction.
Obligatory or Optional Nature of the Requested Information
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To access your account information and preferences, select “Account / Settings” on the Noggle application configurtaion screens. You may also review and update your specific account information on the web at www.noggle.online, by selecting “Account,” and logging in using your name and password.
When you access your account by logging in, you can update and/or make sure that your account information is accurate. You can also manage your preferences and profile sharing settings. If you have forgotten a username or password, please refer to Noggle online help resources.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your web browser or device that allows Noggle or a third party to recognize you. Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your preferences; and (4) to administer various marketing programs.
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser or application. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves. Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting or application you’re using are sometimes called “first party cookies,” while cookies placed by other companies are sometimes called “third party cookies.” Noggle uses session and persistent cookies as well as first party cookies and third party cookies.
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what Personal Information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfill specific opt-out requests, including requests where you have previously opted-in with respect to the use of your Personal Information, and/or correct any inaccuracies in such Personal Information if you contact us using the unsubscribe details provided below.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint, please email us at email@example.com.